One of the most unusual, fascinating and outright-scarce Topps cards produced is the 1990 Topps George H.W. Bush USA card. For the last several years, just a handful of copies have popped-up and they often sell for generous amounts of money. Rumors were all over the place as to this card’s origin and method of distribution since it started to show up in the annual catalogs.
Here is a great, albeit brief, article that I found in an old issue of Topps magazine from 1990. Click on the image to see the article in full:
Pretty cool stuff.
1. Check out that binder. 100 cards in there? There’s a possible $4000 on that first page alone!
2. I can’t help but wonder what condition they are in.
3. What do you think he did with it immediately after the photo was taken?
4. I wonder if he actually ever distributed the cards to people or if he just had his handlers send them as gifts, etc.
5. Where’s that binder today?